The ESI-100 Communications Server is a powerful tool around which you can build your organization’s entire telecommunications strategy — and you don’t have to know it all in advance.
That’s because the ESI-100 can be a traditional digital business phone system, a fully standards-based IP telephony system, or any mix of the two. The choice is entirely yours, and the mix can easily change when your needs do.1
The ESI-100 Communications Server combines multiple first-rate, feature-rich systems into one tightly integrated unit:
- Business phone system
- Voice mail
- Automated attendant with six levels and 100 branches
- Enhanced Caller ID2
- Automatic call distribution (ACD)
- Intelligent Call Forwarding™3
- Optional Windows®-based VIP 7 family of communication management tools
- Optional ESI Presence Management
- Optional ESI Media Management
- Optional ESI Bluetooth® Voice Integration
- Network-based VoIP telephony1
Properly configured by your Certified ESI Reseller, the ESI-100 can handle your heaviest communications needs. In addition to the features mentioned above, the ESI-100 includes:
- Digital stations, IP stations1 (including SIP), or any combination thereof
- T1/PRI support
- Massive voice message storage
- Sophisticated voice mail features
Despite its long list of features, the ESI-100 Communications Server — thanks to famous ESI ease-of-use — is a phone system you’ll find friendly. It says, “Good morning.” It teaches you how to use and program it. It reminds you to change your personal greeting after a trip. And it stands by, ready to assist you whenever you need help. There are several different models of ESI desktop phones. Each is a compact, attractive addition to any desk, designed to simplify your telecommunications. Here are just two examples:
- The display is large and easy to read; that’s even more true for the backlit display you’ll find on most models.
- The dedicated function keys (so you don’t have to memorize codes) give you more ease of use, even with the ESI-100’s enhanced capabilities.
The ESI-100 is an easy choice over other business communications systems in its capacity class. Its ease of use and feature-richness reduce staff frustrations, increase productivity, and enhance your corporate image. And the ESI-100’s unique integration provides call-processing efficiency and cost savings that previously were impossible.
1. Some IP-related features require optional equipment. Current ESI desktop IP phones and ESI Cordless Handset II (as well as IP models of legacy ESI Cordless Handsets) not for use with ESI systems introduced prior to 2007.
2. Requires Caller ID service from your telephone service provider.
3. Requires use of ISDN Primary Rate Interface (PRI) line.